Random thoughts that are almost always about video games

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I'm still here... (really!)

Just a quick note to say that I'm still here, and still plan on updating this blog. Between work and Mario Kart DS, I haven't left much time for myself to write new posts. (Plus, nothing really super-duper exciting has happened that I feel I simply *must* comment on... well, other than Mario Kart. Damn, that game is *amazing*!)

I'm giddy with excitement over the Xbox 360 launch; here's what I've got stashed up:

- My special edition E3 faceplate
- Extra wireless controller
- Play & charge kit with two battery packs
- Memory Unit
- Xbox Live points card
- Call of Duty 2
- Condemned
- Ridge Racer 6
- Kameo
- Project Gotham Racing 3
- Gun
- NBA 2K6

Now all I need is Perfect Dark Zero and the 360 itself, and my wife won't see me all next week! (Sorry, honey!)

(Whew, looking at that list, it's a good thing that I was lucky enough to get some of them sent to me by friends in the industry, or I'd be beyond broke. It says a lot about this launch that there are so many games I want to play on day one :)

Of course, EB is making me stand in line at midnight Tuesday morning to pick my 360 up... even though I pre-ordered last May... and have paid in full already. If I'm not in the midnight line, then presto -- my 360 disappears. My biggest fear about the launch is that the massive shortages everyone has been fearing will break a lot of hearts. Well, actually that's my *second* biggest fear -- my first is that my 360 will be defective somehow and there won't be any others to replace it with for months. Gah! Knock on wood!!!

Well, time to hit the sack. Once again, Mario Kart DS (and this quick blog update, I suppose) have kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. See ya soon!

--Chris